Let's face it, life can get pretty messy. Whether you have kids, dogs, or live on your own, some of your favorite upholstered pieces can stain regardless of how careful you are with them.
Let us introduce to you Crypton fabrics. These innovative fabrics are designed with high performance in mind, resulting in highly resilient textiles. According to the Crypton website, "Because Crypton’s patented technology is applied at a molecular level, these beautiful, durable fabrics can withstand repeated cleanings without their protective technology ever washing or wearing away. The end result is performance indoor fabric that resists stains, repels water, prevents odors, and inhibits the growth of bacteria—all without sacrificing aesthetics, hand, or breathability."
Nevertheless, the need for cleaning is inevitable, but when it comes time to care for your beloved fabrics, Crypton makes the process as easy and pain-free as possible.
How to Spot Clean Crypton Fabrics
Most liquids simply roll off of Crypton fabrics, or they can be quickly blotted off the surface with a dry towel or sponge. The spot cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most light to medium stains, such as coffee, red wine, crayon, and ketchup. Be careful to brush lightly since fibers can be broken or matted during the cleaning process.
- Before spot cleaning, blot up liquids on the surface with a clean, soft towel and brush off any loose dirt.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp mild, enzyme detergent, such as Tide®, Woolite® or Dawn® dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle. Do NOT oversaturate when applying the cleaning solution.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residues, as residues will attract dirt. Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge.
- Repeat steps 3-6 as needed.
- Allow fabric to air dry.
How to Clean Crypton Slipcovers
- Machine wash cold with high-efficiency (HE) liquid detergent before first use and at least monthly afterwards.
- Tumble dry low temperature only.
- Inspect the protector for damages after each laundry cycle and immediately address any damages.
- Repeat monthly if desired.
In conclusion, Crypton fabrics are an extremely practical alternative to regular-grade fabrics. It is highly durable, water, stain, and odor resistant, and doesn't sacrifice aesthetics or breathability. Your fabric care time will be cut in half with Crypton fabrics, and your upholstery will be more durable than you could have ever imagined.